Tuesday February 26, 2019
Thinking about holding a Facebook contest to increase engagement and spread the word about your upcoming event?
There are numerous reasons to consider running a Facebook contest to promote your business. However, possibly the best is that it's relatively easy and inexpensive to execute.
If done correctly, a Facebook contest can:
- Improve engagement with existing fans
- Expose brand to potential fans
- Generate new leads
While it seems super simple to let your customers know you're giving away a prize and wait for them to fill out your entry form, a successful contest requires more than just offering a prize. A lot of planning is vital since a contest should be part of your bigger marketing strategy.
With the goal of a contest being to attract leads, use it to build lists of engaged people so you can use this information to benefit your business now and in the future.
Some of the more popular FB contest goals:
- Increase brand awareness
- Introduce new products and services or events
- Gather user-generated content
- Gain insight into customers' preferences
- Crowdsource for new product or service ideas
- Improve customer loyalty
- Collect email addresses
- Increase traffic to website or store